Terms and Conditions
- The company's liability in respect to my article(s) or packages is not exceed $20.00
- The company shall not be responsible for the mechanical function of pianos, radios, televisions, clocks, mechanical refrigerators, or other instruments or appliances whether or not such articles are packed, unpacked by shipper or his agent or carrier or its agents. The company shall not be liable for damage to linoleum or clay heating elements of gas or electric heatrers.
- If piano or other articles are too large for stairways or porches and require hoisting or lowering, customer shall pay for each such joisting or lowering operation as additional.
- The company shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to any documents, records, species, jewellery, or any other article, unless identifies under declaration of values.
- The company shall not be responsible for uncrated mirrors, sheet glass, marble, or for the failure of the customer to pack lamps, lampshades, and any fragile articles such as ornaments, paintings, china glassware, pictures, etc.
- The company shall not be liable for loss of continents of pieces of furniture, crates, bundles, cartons, boxes, barrels, or other containers unless such contents are open for carrier's inspection and then only for such articles as are specifically listed by the shipper and receipted for by the carrier and it's agents.
- The carrier is not liable for loss, damage or delays to any of the goods described in the bill of landing caused by the act of God, public enemies, riots, strikes, defect or inherit vice in the goods, the act or default of the shipper or owner, the authority of law, quarantine of difference in weights of gain, seed, livestock or other commodities caused by natural shrinkage.
- Where goods are stopped and held in transit at the request of the party entitled to request it, the goods are held at the risk of owner.
- No carrier is bound to transport the goods by any particular public commercial vehicle or in time for any particular market or otherwise than with due dispatch unless by agreement specifically endorsed on the bill of landing and signed by the parries thereto.
- No carrier or party in possession of all or any of the property herein described shall be liable delay caused by highway obstruction, faulty or impassable highway, lack of capacity of any highway. Bridge. Ferry. Or caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicle or equipment.
- In case of physical necessity, the carrier the right to forward the goods by any convenience or by any route between the point of shipment and the point of destination, but if the goods forwarded by conveyance that is not public commercial vehicle, the liability of the carrier is the same as though the entire carriage were by public commercial vehicle.
- The amount of any loss, damage or injury of which the carrier is liable, whether or not the loss, damage or injury results from negligence shall be computed on the basis of and limited to the lesser of:
- The value of the good at the place and time of shipment including the freight and other charges if paid, or
- Where a value lower than that referred to in sub-paragraph
- Has been represented in writing by the consigner or has been agreed upon, such lower vale, or
- Where the carrier charges are based upon weight$10 per pound, per article, and where such charges are based on time, $20 per article, pieces or package unless a higher value is declared on the face of this bill of landing or moving order in which case additional charges shall be paid.
- If such goods are carried without special agreement and the nature of the goods is not disclosed herein, the carrier shall not be liable for any loss or damage thereto.
- The owner, or consignee of goods, shall pay the freight and all other lawful charges accruing on the goods, and if required by the carrier shall pay the same before delivery, and if the goods shipped are not those described in the bill of landing, the freight charges shall be paid upon the goods actually shipped with any additional penalties lawfully payable therein. if payment is not made in full at loading address or unloading address, Mina Movers shall have right to hold all the items for a minimum of three months, if full payment including storage and extra labour surcharges is not made within the three month period all items will be property of Mina Movers, or all items will be removed from the truck and placed at original loading, destination, regardless of non- refundable deposit made.
- Every person whether as principal or agent, shipping explosives or dangerous goods without previous full written disclosure to the carrier or his agent of their nature, shall indemnify the carrier against all loss, damage, or injury caused thereby and the goods may be warehoused at the risk and the expense of owner of the goods, unless the carrier has the right to transport such articles.
- Any alterations, additions or erasure in the bill of landing shall be signed or initialled by the parties thereto.
- The carrier shall not be liable for: where the carrier is directed to take property from a place or place of which the consignor or his agent is not present, the property shall be at the risk of the owner before loading, and goods shall be delivered at owner`s risk at places where no authorized person is present to receipt for same.
- Any loss or damage in transit shall not relieve the owner from the owner`s obligations hereunder to pay freight and all other lawful charges accruing on the shipment.